...Even Do-It-All "Super Women"!
As much as we loooove talking about skincare, self-care is so much more than that!
Self-care is about taking care of yourself mentally, physically, and spiritually. It's about caring for yourself as you would care for those closest to you!
Today I want to share some ideas on how to check in with yourself as a form of mental selfcare that supports both clarity and purpose.
We (Karen and Alicia) know how stressful and overwhelming life can get (personal or work), and we want to be there to help you navigate through those hard times and serve as a resource!
We pride ourselves on being more than a local skincare brand, but also a safe place for conversation and community support – no matter how far you live from our little slice of the world.
As part of your self-care, morning (or anytime) routine:
Try answering a few of the questions below – either by yourself, with your partner, family, friends, or coworkers. Write down your answers and see how they change over time. It helps keep things in perspective.
Daily Check-in Questions:
- What is the biggest change since yesterday?
- What is the priority for today?
- What is your goal for today?
- What are you most looking forward to today?
- What are you most dreading today?
- How are you going to focus today?
- What are you going to do today to take care of yourself?
- What is your intention for the day?
Emotional Check-in Questions:
- How are you feeling about your job overall?
- How confident are you in your ability to do your job?
- What is your main concern at the moment?
- What are you feeling anxious about?
- What idea is overwhelming you?
- What is confusing you?
- What is exciting you?
- What frustrates you?
- What is causing you doubt?
- What are you most grateful for?
- What inspires you?
- What makes you hopeful?
Unique Check-in Questions:
- Pretend you just gave me (anyone) a truth serum. What is the first question you ask?
- If you could try anything without any consequences, what would you try?
- What is the most fun you have had recently?
- What is the most random thought you had this week?
Mindset Check-in Questions:
- How would you describe your current mindset?
- What times of the day do you feel foggiest?
- What times of the day do you feel most clear?
- What are you most comfortable performing?
- What takes you outside of your comfort zone?
- What are you struggling with?
- What are you excelling at?
- What are you feeling most positive about?
- What are you feeling hesitant about?
We hope these questions provide you with clarity, purpose, and guidance. Please let us know how they work for you.
Feel free to combine this exercise with your skincare self-care, everything feels better with a face mask on!**Questions from Angela Robinson at Teambuilding.com