...so, get them ready with a DIY Salty Oatmeal Scrub
It's hump day again! 🐪 And that means it's time for more DIY self-care!
Last week I focused on the body with an exfoliating oatmeal/honey body scrub, and this week I want to keep the oatmeal trend going.
Oats repair, moisturize and soothe the skin due to having high levels of antioxidants and natural anti-inflammatory properties – that being said, I want to show you a few different ways to utilize their power!
With spring/summer just around the corner…that means…SANDALS…FLIP-FLOPS…THE POOL…THE BEACH! ⛱ You can't go outside with dry, upkept feet.
This DIY recipe is a foot scrub that will bring your feet back to life without having to spend too much money on a pedicure (although a pedicure is definitely needed sometimes)!
What You Need:
- ¼ cup oats
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- ¼ cup salt (coarse salt is better)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp aloe vera gel
How to Make It:
- First, grind up your oats as fine as you would like (using food processor, coffee grinder, blender or by hand (pestle and mortar). Having large bits of oats will lead to a coarser texture and more exfoliation, while having a fine powder of oats is gentler.
- Then, add all your ingredients into a bowl and mix until it is a paste.
How to Use It:
*optional* use a foot brush to exfoliate first.
- Apply using a light circular motion all over dry feet.
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes – if you have the time (the longer the better). The olive oil and aloe vera will deeply hydrate and soften your feet.
- Scrub lightly and once finished, rinse off with lukewarm water and soap.
- Finish up by drying and applying your favorite body lotion to lock in the moisture.
Enjoy your foot scrub and if you try this DIY recipe please let us know (we love feedback and pictures)!
Have a great day - and enjoy this beautiful early Spring weather!