Happy DIY Wednesday!
Alicia here and I am excited to show you a DIY exfoliating body scrub that incorporates my favorite ingredient…HONEY! This scrub will bring your skin from DULL to GLOWING.
I decided to do a body scrub this week for two reasons.
- The spring weather (before our second winter) is here, and it is time to prepare our bodies and have hydrated/glowing skin!
- Everyone has been asking when our Booty-ful collection will be re-stocked (coming back soon, I promise) and this scrub can hold you over in the meantime.
This is a remarkably simple recipe that includes just oats, honey, and water…that’s it!
The oats repair, moisturize and soothe the skin due to having high levels of antioxidants and natural anti-inflammatory properties. Honey attracts moisture to the outer layers of the skin leaving it soft and supple. Lastly, water (original hydrator) softens the oats, allowing them to glide across your skin for a smooth finish.
- ¼ cup oats
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons water
How to Make It:
- First, grind up your oats as fine as you would like (using food processing, coffee grinder or by hand/Pestle and Mortar). Having large bits of oats will lead to a courser texture and more exfoliation, while having a fine powder of oats is gentler.
- Then, add the honey, water and mix until you have a thick oat paste. Voila! You have your body scrub!
How to Use:
- Apply using light circular motions to gently exfoliate the skin.
- Scrub lightly and once finished, rinse off with lukewarm water or a wet washcloth.
- Finish up by applying your favorite body lotion to lock in the moisture.
Enjoy your body scrub and we will have our body scrubs, lotions, and masks back in stock soon! Happy Hump day and if you try this DIY recipe please let us know (we love feedback and pictures)