Happy DIY Wednesday!
With summer just around the corner, I decided to shift gears and focus on DIY sun-care.
I am sure many of you know (and many of you ignore) that the sun and its UVA/UVB rays are not good for your skin - harmful, in fact. The sun is the major factor that stands between you and looking 45 years old when you’re actually 30!
Unfortunately, long term exposure to UVA rays can cause sun damage in the skin's thickest layer – the dermis – and result in fine lines, wrinkles, uneven skin tone, and hyperpigmentation. That sounds like a list of things to avoid!
First and foremost, I would not be doing you any favors if I did not tell you to WEAR YOUR SUNSCREEN - EVERYDAY! This is crucial to keeping your skin youthful, even, and healthy.
However, things happen and there are days where the sun gets the best of us – but do not worry – there is still something you can do! Treating your skin after exposure to the sun is particularly important as well. Today I am providing you with an after-sun aloe spray. This blend, with hydrating and anti-inflammatory properties, soothes and rejuvenates skin damaged by sunburn or windburn.
What you need:
- 1cup commercial aloe vera juice
- 12 drops rosemary essential oil
- 20 drops lavender essential oil
How to make it:
- Combine all ingredients into an 8oz spray bottle and shake well to blend. Label and date.
- Keep refrigerated and use within 4-6 months
What to do with it:
- Shake vigorously before each use. (The aloe and essential oils will naturally separate - it's that whole oil-and-water-do-not-mix thing.) Spray on skin as often as needed. Pat gently. Keep out of eyes.